Available at our Manchester school, the CELTA Online course is a blended learning course that combines collaborative online study with face-to-face teaching practice. As a CELTA Online trainee, you would be required to complete assignments, online tasks and units on time, however you can work on a flexible basis, choosing where and when to carry out the work according to what suits you.
The online course also includes interaction with other online trainees through forums and live chat rooms, helping you to go through the process together as a group. The course elements of lesson planning, teaching practice, evaluation and feedback are all completed face-to-face.
The duration for the CELTA Course Online covers 120 hours over 14 weeks. You will cover 30 units plus an orientation module. There are also additional Assignment Units and Observation Units.
Please note that the materials require participants to be online and cannot be downloaded or worked on off-line. This is for security and to allow progress monitoring.
For more information about CELTA, please click here.
Who is it for?
The CELTA course is ideal for anyone who:
• would like to learn how to teach English to non-native speakers on a flexible basis
• prefers to work and study online, or who is unable to attend normal classes at the school
• has little or no teaching experience
• would like to increase the opportunities of living and working abroad
• would like to obtain an internationally-recognised teaching qualification
• is at least 18 years old and educated to higher education or university
• is competent in both written and spoken English (C1 minimum)
• successfully completes the interview and language test
We will help you to:
• develop classroom management skills
• teach basic literacy
• plan lessons
• understand the roles of both the teacher and the learner
• understand language analysis (grammar, lexis, and phonology)
• develop reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
• teach methodology, ideas, and techniques
• evaluate authentic and published materials
You can take the full-time CELTA Course Online through Manchester Academy of English, where you will be required to attend various face-to-face sessions.
The course includes:
• supervised lesson planning
• teaching practice (six assessed hours)
• feedback on teaching
• peer observation
• observation of experienced teachers (minimum six hours)
• consultation time
What will I learn in CELTA?
You will cover five main topics as part of your CELTA course:
• learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
• language analysis and awareness
• language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
• planning and resources for different contexts
• developing teaching skills and professionalism
Please download the Teacher Training Dates and Fee list for more information.