Are you thinking about changing careers? Have you just graduated and want to get your first job? Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) is a very good option.
Our initial teacher training courses lead to the award of the internationally recognised Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). Designed for potential teachers with little or no previous teaching experience as well as those with teaching experience and no accredited qualification, the course covers the principles of effective teaching, including classroom management and communication skills and incorporates teaching practice.
- It is ideal if you are looking for a new career opportunity or wanting a short break in your existing career.
- If you are already working as a teacher but have not had much formal training, you can use CELTA to sharpen your teaching practice, prove your ability and get a promotion or a better teaching position.
- CELTA is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge, and as a result is internationally recognised, highly respected and a real benchmark for quality.
- The certificate is an essential first step in a career teaching English to speakers of other languages and an essential minimum requirement for teachers in some countries.
- Successful candidates will be able to use this qualification to teach in schools in the UK and overseas. Over 10,000 candidates complete a CELTA course each year.
All of our teacher trainers are fully qualified and have experience in teaching English as a foreign language. They will help you gain a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners and you will also get valuable hands-on teaching experience. At Experience English we want you to develop a greater understanding of the learning and teaching process. We encourage candidates to adopt a reflective, questioning and critical approach, central to which is the candidates’ own experience, attitudes and beliefs. Trainers are guides and facilitators. Our courses are hands-on, innovative, challenging, and enjoyable. We teach teachers to teach.
**You can study for the CELTA as a part-time and on-line course at Manchester Academy of English. The full-time course is available in Edinburgh, York, Manchester and London. In York, the full-time course is four weeks and a day.
- Pursue a highly rewarding teaching career by gaining the skills and knowledge you will need as a teacher
- Open the door to exciting teaching opportunities all over the world
- Achieve one of the most widely taken qualifications of its kind that gives you the skills you need to teach English anywhere in the world