CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults)
CELTA is a pre-service course giving you a thorough grounding in all aspects of teaching the English language to adults. One of the most widely taken qualifications of its kind, thousands of people each year choose CELTA to open up a world of exciting English language teaching opportunities. Part of the University of Cambridge and validated by Cambridge English Language Assessment, the Cambridge CELTA course is internationally recognised and accepted by teaching institutions worldwide.
CELTA is ideal for those who:
- have little or no teaching experience
- would like to learn how to teach English to speakers of other languages - the certificate is an essential first step in a career teaching English to speakers of other languages and a minimum requirement for teachers in some countries
- want to increase opportunities of living and working abroad
- wish to obtain a highly respected and internationally recognised qualification that is part of the University of Cambridge and a real benchmark for quality
- are looking for a new career opportunity or wanting a short career break
It is also a great course for those who are already working as a teacher but would like to sharpen their teaching practice, prove their ability or reach a better teaching position.
Not sure? Join one of our CELTA Taster Days!
If you are thinking of taking the CELTA course, our Taster Days are a fantastic way to experience the context of teaching before committing yourself to a fixed course. Complete with practical activities and the opportunity to meet staff, you will discover more about:
- The learner and learning styles
- How an EFL class works, including observation
- Grammar awareness and terminology
- Qualities of a good teacher
- Example of a foreign language lesson
Q&A session and lunch break also included.
Taster Days available in 2015:
- Manchester Academy of English: 6 February, 17 April, 19 June, 18 September
- English Language Centre York: 26 February, 28 May, 3 September
- Hampstead School of English: 13 February, 11 September, 6 November
- Edinburgh Language Centre: 5 February, 21 May, 10 September