What is Cambridge FCE?
The Cambridge English: First Certificate (FCE) demonstrates that you have the necessary English communication skills required to study, live and work in an English-speaking environment. It is a common entry requirement for foundation or pathway courses in English-speaking countries, as well as for undergraduate degrees taught in English, in both native and non-native English-speaking universities.
You can take the Cambridge FCE exam preparation course in London, Manchester, York and Edinburgh.
The Cambridge FCE Exam Preparation Course
Our Cambridge FCE exam preparation course is designed specifically to help you master the types of questions you will face in the Cambridge FCE exam, in order to give you every chance of success on the day. While the exam is not included as part of the course, our schools in London, Manchester and Edinburgh are official Cambridge English exam centres, giving you the option to book your exam in the same location. York is an easy train ride away from all three exam centres.
You can take the Cambridge English First (FCE) Exam Preparation Course at our schools in London, Manchester, York and Edinburgh. Our Cambridge courses include 25 lessons per week, and each lesson lasts 50 minutes.
09.15-12.00, Monday to Friday: Specialist coursebook class focusing on exam practice techniques.
12.10-13.10, Monday to Friday: Speaking & Listening focus with the opportunity for fluency practice.
14.15-16.35, 2 afternoons per week: Specialist coursebook class focusing on exam practice techniques.
Overall, we will help you to:
• develop an in-depth knowledge of the format of the Cambridge FCE exam
• practise effective strategies to approach all types of Cambridge FCE exam tasks
• increase your range of grammar and vocabulary for everyday situations in an English-speaking setting
• focus on pronunciation, improving your accuracy as well as your fluency
• develop face-to-face speaking skills for real-life situations, such as expressing opinions and presenting arguments using natural expressions and functional language
• improve writing skills through letters, reports and a variety of text types
• develop key listening skills for a better understanding of general topics, such as the news
Where can I take the exam
You can take the FCE exam at our schools in Manchester, London Hampstead or Edinburgh, whether you have studied with us or not. We recommend you study the preparation course with us to help you feel more comfortable and at ease in a familiar environment.
Please note, Edinburgh only offers computer-based exams.
If you would like to book your FCE exam with us, please contact email@example.com.
The exam fee is £135, and is not included in the course price.
- *Our courses are offered as 4-week courses (London Hampstead, Manchester, York) or 6-week courses (London Hampstead, Manchester, York, Edinburgh)
- London Hampstead, Manchester and Edinburgh are authorised Cambridge exam centres; exams may take place at an alternative local centre subject to course timings.
- Manchester offers the paper-based and computer-based examinations; London Hampstead offers paper-based examinations on-site and can arrange computer-based examinations on request; Edinburgh offers computer-based examinations.
- Please note that the speaking exam window is a week either side of the written exam, and whilst the school endeavours to ensure the speaking test is held prior to or on the day of the written exam, it cannot guarantee this. Please bear this in mind when booking accommodation and flights home, our team will be happy to advise as much as possible.
- All our courses and exam dates are based on the official examination dates published by Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge reserves the right to amend or cancel examination dates. In the event that this happens, we will endeavour to help you find an adequate solution.
- Acceptance on Cambridge Courses is subject to initial pre-course test results; it is at the final discretion of the school as to whether or not to accept a booking and will depend on the candidate’s test results.
- Please note that an additional postage cost of £10 for the certificate, if required, will be administered to your exam fee.