What is CAE?
The Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) Certificate demonstrates that you are a high achiever, can master the English language well, and are capable of following an academic course at university level or work in English on a professional level. It is a highly trusted qualification accepted by more than 6,000 educational institutions, businesses and government departments across the world, increasing your professional opportunities on an international scale.
You can take the Cambridge English Advanced exam preparation course in London, Manchester, York and Edinburgh.
Minimum level: Advanced (C1)
Locations: London Hampstead, Manchester, York, Edinburgh
Maximum class size: 14
Price: From £980 to £1,530 per week
The Exam Preparation Course
Our CAE Exam Preparation Course is designed to help you prepare fully for the CAE exam, developing your knowledge, expectations and understanding of the test. While the exam is not included as part of the course, our schools in London, Manchester and Edinburgh are official Cambridge exam centres, giving you the option to book your exam in the same location. York is an easy train ride away from all three exam centres.
You can take the Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) Exam Preparation Course at our schools in London, Manchester, York and Edinburgh. Our Cambridge courses include 25 lessons per week, and each lesson lasts 50 minutes.
09.15-12.00, Monday to Friday: Specialist coursebook class focusing on exam practice techniques.
12.10-13.10, Monday to Friday: Speaking & Listening focus with the opportunity for fluency practice.
14.15-16.35, 2 afternoons per week: Specialist coursebook class focusing on exam practice techniques.
Overall, we will help you to:
• develop an in-depth knowledge of the format of the CAE exam
• practise effective strategies to approach all types of exam tasks
• increase your grammar and vocabulary for greater confidence in participating in real-life situations
• focus on pronunciation, improving your accuracy and gaining a high level of fluency
• improve your reading, writing, use of English, listening and speaking skills
• learn to communicate more effectively using natural expressions and functional language
Where can I take the exam?
Our Manchester, London Hampstead and Edinburgh schools are all Cambridge Exam Centres where you can enrol to take the exam at various times throughout the year, whether you have studied with us or not. If you have studied the preparation course with us, this enables you to take your exam in a familiar and comfortable environment.
Please note, Edinburgh only offers computer-based exams.
If you would like to book your CAE exam with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exam fee is £135, and is not included in the course price.
- *Our courses are offered as 4-week courses (London Hampstead, Manchester, York) or 6-week courses (London Hampstead, Manchester, York, Edinburgh)
- London Hampstead, Manchester and Edinburgh are authorised Cambridge exam centres; exams may take place at an alternative local centre subject to course timings.
- Manchester offers the paper-based and computer-based examinations; London Hampstead offers paper-based examinations on-site and can arrange computer-based examinations on request; Edinburgh offers computer-based examinations.
- Please note that the speaking exam window is a week either side of the written exam, and whilst the school endeavours to ensure the speaking test is held prior to or on the day of the written exam, it cannot guarantee this. Please bear this in mind when booking accommodation and flights home, our team will be happy to advise as much as possible.
- All our courses and exam dates are based on the official examination dates published by Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge reserves the right to amend or cancel examination dates. In the event that this happens, we will endeavour to help you find an adequate solution.
- Acceptance on Cambridge Courses is subject to initial pre-course test results; it is at the final discretion of the school as to whether or not to accept a booking and will depend on the candidate’s test results.
- Please note that an additional postage cost of £10 for the certificate, if required, will be administered to your exam fee.