General English Plus Business English
Our Business English course in London is designed to widen your knowledge of specific vocabulary and improve your English communication skills for use in a business environment. The course combines 20 or 25 lessons of General English and 5 lessons per week of specialised Busines English in the afternoon.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal if you want to pursue a career requiring good English communication skills, or if you want to prepare for your BULATS test, or if you are already working in a professional environment that uses English and wish to improve your language skills.
Minimum level: Intermediate (B1)
Locations: London Hampstead
Maximum class size: 14
Price: From £220 to £240 per week + BULATS exam fee (approx. £45)
Each week you will take 20 or 25 lessons of General English plus 5 afternoon lessons of Business English. Each lesson lasts 50 minutes.
09.15-12.00, Monday to Friday: Following the General English course structure in the mornings, you will focus on the four main skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
12.20-13.10, Monday to Friday: If you are studying the 30-lesson course, you will join speaking and listening lessons at this time to practise your fluency.
14.15-16.35, Monday to Thursday: For 4 afternoons, your lessons focus on Business English with a focus on effective communication through speaking and listening. Emphasis is placed on communication tasks that help you to build your confidence speaking English in a business context.
Overall, we will help you to:
• improve your General English skills following the same format as the morning General English course
• prepare for entering the global professional market
• learn how to negotiate and use language effectively in a professional environment
• increase your grammar and vocabulary in business contexts
• analyse case studies and other business related materials covering the key areas of finance, sales and marketing, personnel management, human resources, general management and more
• learn how to deliver effective presentations, chair meetings professionally and write emails and letters with appropriate register
• develop your critical thinking, listening, reading and writing skills, as well as learner independence, study and research skills
Advice and assistance is available for students wishing to take the BULATS examination. Please contact us for more details.